More than a third of American adults are not getting enough sleep on a regular basis. That’s a lot of people who are tossing and turning all night long. Many people are turning to a multitude of different products and self care actions that they hope will help them achieve those extra zzzz’s and create a soothing and calming self-care routine that can help them establish a state of relaxation leading to better sleep and overcoming those restless nights. There are countless studies on the benefits of getting enough sleep. Here’s just a few reasons as to why it is so important and a vital part of our everyday wellness:
1. Improved cognitive function: Getting enough sleep allows your brain to rest and recharge, which enhances concentration, memory retention, and problem-solving abilities.
2. Increased productivity: When you're well-rested, you're less likely to procrastinate or waste time, leading to higher productivity levels throughout the day.
3. Better physical health: Sleep is essential for a healthy immune system, hormone regulation, and physical recovery after exercise. It can also lower your risk of developing chronic conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
4. Emotional stability: Sufficient sleep helps regulate emotions, reducing mood swings, irritability and stress levels, which leads to a more positive and balanced mood.
5. Improved creativity: Studies show that getting a good night's sleep can boost creativity and innovative thinking.
6. Reduced inflammation: Inadequate sleep has been linked to increased levels of inflammation in the body, which can lead to a variety of health issues.
7. Better overall quality of life: Getting enough sleep positively affects every aspect of your life, from work to relationships and personal fulfillment.
Here are some things you can do in the evening to help you relax and unwind before bedtime:
· Establish a regular sleep schedule: Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends.
· Create a bedtime routine: Establish a calming routine before bed such as reading a book, listening to a calming meditation or some soothing music, practicing meditation or yoga.
· Create a self care bath time routine before bed: Take a warm bath with Magnesium Flakes or Epsom Salts. If you don’t like baths take a hot shower and use a Lavender Shower Fizzy or a Shower Steamer to help create calming and relaxing aromas. Exfoliate the skin and feet using a Body Scrub, this can help to stimulate blood flow which can help improve the overall health of your skin and may contribute to a more restful sleep experience. Try the benefits of aromatherapy by using an Aromatherapy Rollerball – of course we love Mood Boost by Laki Naturals x Kim Shapira Method. It contains Ashwangandha, Chamomile, Neroli and Clary Sage. This can boost your mood and help improve sleep by promoting relaxation and stress relief.
· Avoid electronic devices: The blue light from electronic devices can interfere with your sleep, so it's best to avoid using them before bedtime.
· Limit caffeine and alcohol: Consuming caffeine or alcohol in the evening can disrupt your sleep. Try to limit your intake or avoid them altogether. Try sipping on a warm and soothing herbal tea instead. Or try sucking on a sugar free Lozenge or hard candy.
· Create a comfortable sleep environment: Make sure your room is cool, dark, and quiet, and that your bed and pillows are comfortable. Spray a Sleep Spray around your pillow and the environment to create a calming and soothing mood.
· Practice relaxation techniques: Try deep breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation, or visualization techniques to help calm your mind and body before bed.
· Avoid stimulating activities: Avoid engaging in stimulating activities before bed, such as intense exercise or watching an action-packed movie.
· Write in a journal: Writing down your thoughts and worries before bed can help you release any tension and worries from your mind, allowing you to relax and fall asleep more easily.
By incorporating these habits into your evening routine, you may find it easier to fall asleep and enjoy more restful sleep throughout the night.
Getting enough high-quality sleep is essential for our overall health and well-being and should be a priority for everyone.
Incase you missed the live between Tiffany Lerman and I, here is the link: https://instagram.com/tv/Cp27vJUJNEM/?utm_source=qr