These Legs Were Made for Walking
Walking seems so normal. We walk from the car to the store, around the mall, to pick up food. That counts as exercise? It can! That's why Rule #4 is 10,000 Steps Daily. This doesn't have to come in the form of specifically walking, but running or cycling works too. Anything that is working the legs!
Walking has more benefits than just the assumed weight loss. 5 Reasons to Walk 10,000 Steps Daily:
1. Improves Your Sleep (which connects to Rule #6!)
2. Decreases hypertension which reduces risks for heart attacks and strokes.
3. Increases good cholesterol (HDL) and reduces bad cholesterol (LDL).
4. Improves mood and reduces stress. Also helps combat depression.
5. Helps stabilize your blood sugar. If 10,000 steps seems too hard, don't give up. Start where you can. Try to hit 7,500 steps per day for a week. Once you have a handle on that, increase it to 8000. Work your way up to 10,000 if it seems too challenging to hit right from the beginning. In the end, any steps are good. But 10,000 is where you can reap the full benefits.
But Kim, how do I get 10,000 steps when I still have to spend so much time at home? Here is my secret weapon. I use this mini elliptical to help achieve my steps. It's small and light so I can carry it around the home. The link will take you to this in my Amazon store.
For more items that I recommend, check out my website!